Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Predictions for 08.29.2008

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the enrollment is similar to Norton which manages to stay competitive year after year? </div></div>

    It is also close to the enrollment of Ervinton who may be unable to field a team in another Month


    It is my understanding that TV with basketball is going the road that Wise used to take in Baseball in that if you are a basketball player you WILL NOT be playing football

  2. #22
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    I'm not sure how some schools get into particular sports modes (football school, baseball school, basketball school, etc), but Twin Valley has always had more success in basketball and that seems to be where the interest is for the school and the community.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Don't think it will be a big factor, but I understand that Chris Dotson will be out for JJK until the Norton game.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pound is big but they don't have a lot of
    muscles besides bolling IMO!
    guess we will have to see come friday! </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Wasn't too long ago TV was Garden...and they were more known for football.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Times have changed.

    Twin Valley had a good run for the state championship in basketball in 2006, losing 51-49 to Clarke County who repeated in 2007.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    I know that...all I am saying is that it went from being one to being the other.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that...all I am saying is that it went from being one to being the other. </div></div>


    There was a huge enrollment drop Garden back in our day was a Div 2 team and pretty dang good....enrollment started dropping and now we have a school that is about 1/2 the size Garden was 20 years ago

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    When the big coal operations left, this whole area saw a school population decrease.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    my wifes nephew plays for TV she went to garden herself back in the days and yes where they put the school at back in the mountain they basically bus everyone in from whitewood and garden areas, and since coal is not that big alot of families left the area meaning no kids around there and it is easier to field a good basketball team with 11 or so kids then it is to field a football team with at least over 30 kids that u need to be competitive

  10. #30
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Garden used to be good at football and decent at basketball. Plus, Whitewood was known for their basketball back in the day. TV had one of the best basketball players come back out for football this year, Garret Horne I believe is his name. He led them in rushing as a freshman I believe and didn't play last year, so they are happy to have him back I bet.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •